vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Entertain: The Autobiography of Jane Eyre

I love Jane Eyre. And I don't love it because I saw a movie but because I read the book.
I first "met" this young woman when I was 8 years old. I instantly loved her.
A simple girl with the worst youth and a strong mind of her own: what is there not to love?
I don't want to spoil any of it for you.
However, what I want to write here hasn't much to do with the story itself more than with the ideas and actors used in this adaptation.
The main actress playing Jane says from the start that her inspiration comes from the Lizzie Benett Diaries. But, I have to say, though I love Pride and Prejudice, I didn't get caught by the Lizzie Benett Diaries. Anyhow, I still enjoy the fact that it led to this webseries which I watched all the way through.
I came back from work one evening around 7pm, ate my dinner (as I was on my own) with the SacconeJoly on; it is my little ritual. Then, at 7: 30, I spotted Episode 1 of the Autobiography of Jane Eyre on my "What to Watch" page. I opened it and watched the entire playlist in one go.
When it was around 4am, I did go to bed with the satisfaction of having watched all of it.
From this aspect, it reminds me an awful lot of a book. I often cannot bring myself to put my books down. The adaptation part is very well done, though I thought at the start that the complete removal of the character of Mrs. Fairfax would be a problem. Grace Poole is very well written just as Jane and Mr.Rochester. Adele's differences in charactermakes her more relatable and logical in a story set nowadays.
I do feel like a warning for Jane Eyre Afficionados has to be put foward. The ending within this webseries is not as rewarding as the ending of the book or other adaptations are. Somehow, maybe because I know the story so well, it doesn't bother me. The story is about a strong woman with her "own will" so, if you look at it this way, it is quite a good ending.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire