The ingredients for this recipe can vary depending on the recipe and the person's tastes.
However, a few basics need to be in the recipe to make it right and rightfully called a Chili Con Carne.
1tbsp of olive oil
1kg of mince beef
5 chopped tomatoes
3tsp of tomato purée
800g of kidney beans
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
salt and pepper to your taste
1 pinch of sugar
- Place the oil and onions in a saucepan with a lid.
- Stir until the onions softens
- Add the mince meat on high heat until brown.
- Put on low heat and add the rest of the ingredients
- Place the lid on and let the mixture simmer
for more than an hour, stirring once in a while.