mercredi 21 mai 2014

Food In Paris: Le Panis

Tonight, I thought about giving you a bistrot that is quite dear to my heart. Honestly, I liked it a tiny bit better before it had been re-done but the service is the same and the food is nice.
Talking about well situated, the Panis at a perfect spot in between Notre Dame and the very nice neighborhood going all the way to the Pantheon and facing the Square Viviani (a beautiful little park with roses and flowers next to a small church.

I have been going there many times in the past 5 years and I have to say that I enjoyed both the food and the service. As you will have noticed from my previous "Food in Paris", I tend to go for small places with a good feel to them and affordable prices, in general, and simple food.

That is what you get at Le Panis. Good food, not especially excitingly different for your mouth but good and which you can taste the elements of the dish. I would not particularly recommend their patisseries and desserts as I have noticed that they were either good or just ok depending on the day I went there.


Simple food is the only way to know if a place is right or not. However places with one single menu tend to get on my nerves. The food can be good but often, choice can be nice. Not too much choice though, otherwise, you get lost in the maze of a menu which is already difficult to understand as it is.

21 Quai de Montebello
75005 Paris

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire