jeudi 20 février 2014

BLOG & READ: First Order Feel Unique, Patricia Cornwell and Rivers of London

Hi everyone,

Feel Unique

I love to give you a little chit chat but I simply don't always have the occasion. Let's start with something silly that managed to put me in the worst of moods this morning. I woke up fairly early to go to the post office. My very first order on Feel Unique was waiting for me. For those of you who wouldn't know, Feel Unique is a type of Sephora online shop on which, when you live in France, you can manage to find very good british products or high end brands. I had only heard good things about it and when I saw Tanya Burr's products on there, I was very happy. 
However, though the man at the post office gave it to me without telling me about it, I found a huge bill for customs... It really is a good thing I had a coupon and the delivery was for free, the customs are about half the price of my order. I don't really blame anybody but Feel Unique gave all of the infos for France delivery without mentioning this tiny bitty extra cost which makes me feel a bit deceived. I just felt like warning you of it because I never had this sort of problems with any other websites, even when I get things from overseas through amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, ThinkGeek or Etsy.
However, I am happy it finally maid it to my place. I will probably give you a little haul/review video to tell you about the things I received.

Rivers Of London by Ben Aaronovitch

Thanks to all of my "trips" to work and back, I finally finished Rivers Of London by Ben Aaronovitch. To be honest and, as I said in previous videos, I have mixed feelings when it comes to this book. I feel like it is one of those books you kind of need to be in a certain state of mind to enjoy or you just need to really put yourself into it. Rivers of London is the first of a series of books about Peter Grant and his apprenticeship as a wizard. In this one, he meets several gods and mythical creatures through the process of unveiling a killer. There are many characters and quite a bit of action. 
To all of you, out there, who would enjoy fantasy novels, magic and crime, this is a book for you. I overall, really enjoyed it and it was oddly refreshing. It wasn't a given due to all of the magic-like and crime and thrillers on the market. This book is really good and now on to Moon Over Soho...

Portrait Of A Killer by Patricia Cornwell

But I decided to grab Patricia Cornwell's Portrait of a Killer before continuing with Peter's adventures. I bought it quite a long time ago. It was probably right after seeing "From Hell", which I enjoyed very much. I, obviously, would advice caution while watching this movie. You have have to be at least over 16 to me, to both understand fully and "enjoy" the story. I don't feel like I need to justify it more than by saying that it has to do with Jack The Ripper. In Portrait Of A Killer, we are reading a thorough study of this historical figure and serial killer. Every little detail is look at carefully and it makes for an exciting read.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire